Not only can you save paper by choosing CNB's e-statements, but switching to e-statements is a simple and effective first step in reducing the risk of sensitive information falling into the wrong hands.
Benefits of e-statements:
- 'Go Green' and help the environment
- Protect sensitive information
- Available conveniently in CNB Online Banking
To sign up for e-statements, log in to CNB Online Banking:
Steps to Sign Up:
1. Select 'Statement Delivery' from the 'Preferences' area of the main menu that appears down the left hand side of the online home page.
2. Choose 'Electronic Statement' for each account you want to receive e-Statements.
3. Enter your e-mail address.
4. Read and agree to the Statement Delivery Agreement.
5. Click 'Submit'.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are there any requirements for receiving e-Statements?
The only requirement is a valid e-mail address.
What accounts will I receive e-Statements for?
Any accounts that you selected ‘Electronic Statement’ for the ‘Delivery Preference’.
How do I add an additional account to my e-Statements?
Once an account is added to Online Banking, it is available to select for e-Statements.
How do I view my e-Statements?
Your e-Statements are available within Online Banking by selecting ‘View e-Statements’ from the ‘Services’ area of the main menu. Just select the ‘Account’, ‘Year’, ‘Cycle’, and click ‘View Statement’.
What format are e-Statements in?
e-Statements are in portable document format (PDF) . How they display and available functions will depend on your computer/device.
What if I decide I no longer want e-Statements?
Simply change your Statement Delivery Preference from ‘Electronic Statement’ to ‘Statement by Mail’ for each account that you no longer want to receive by e-Statement and click ‘Submit’.
Can multiple owners on an account view e-Statements through Online Banking?
Yes - each owner needs to request e-Statements via their own online banking sign on.