The CNB Debit MasterCard® is a convenient and secure way to access your checking account for cash and to make purchases in person, online or over the phone anywhere MasterCard is accepted. A few tips that you might find helpful are below:
- Always keep your card in a safe and secure place. Treat it as you would cash or checks.
- You should memorize your PIN. Don't write it down anywhere, especially on your card.
- If you believe your Debit MasterCard® has been lost, stolen or an unauthorized transaction has occurred, please report it immediately by calling 585-394-4260 or 800-724-2621 during normal business hours (8am – 8pm M– F, 9am – 1pm Sat. & Sun.) or call 866-392-9952 outside of normal business hours.
Before using your card:
- The Debit MasterCard® is connected directly to your checking account. Before making a purchase, be sure you have sufficient funds in your account to cover the cost of the transaction.
- When considering making purchases online, remember, ordering from reputable, established businesses or one with which you already have a relationship is safest.
- Do not give out your card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
During the transaction:
- Your CNB Debit MasterCard® can be used for purchases anywhere MasterCard® is accepted.
- Ensure no one sees you enter your PIN.
- After you swipe your card, you will have the option of using your card as 'Credit' or 'Debit'. Here are the key differences: By selecting 'Credit' your purchase becomes an "offline" or "signature-based" transaction and funds are not immediately withdrawn from your account. Conversely, 'Debit' transactions withdraw funds from your account immediately after you type in your PIN.
After the transaction:
- Review your checking account to ensure the amount drawn out of your account for the purchase is accurate.
- If you need to obtain a refund for a purchase, return merchandise, or dispute a transaction that was initiated with your Debit MasterCard®, you must contact the merchant or other business establishment directly.
If you have questions, contact us by calling 585-394-4260 or filling out a Contact Us form.