Effective October 25, 2016, we will require up-to-date Operating Systems and Browsers in order to access CNB’s Online Banking. If you are not on the latest browser version, the possibility of a security breach on your computer is increased, which can ultimately increase the opportunity for fraud occurring with your banking data.
Check Your Browser
Use CNB's Browser Compatibility Checker to determine if an upgrade is needed.
To ensure the best Online Banking experience, we recommend using the current version of your preferred browser.
The following versions are compatible with Online Banking:
To ensure the best Mobile Banking experience, we recommend using:
iOS 8 and higher
Android 5.0 and higher
Why do I need an updated Operating System?
Your operating system is software that manages your computer hardware and software resources and services. Older operating systems are not serviced (i.e., Windows XP) or will not be serviced in the future (i.e., Windows Vista) by Microsoft, which means there will be no security updates or technical support, compounding the less-than-satisfactory security implications going forward. This situation makes it easier for fraudsters to do damage to your computer and, more importantly, steal or manipulate your personal data.
- Purchase a new operating system, and delete the old operating system from your computer; OR,
- If the computer is old, consider purchasing a new one as a comprehensive way to safeguard your personal information.
For either option, please consult a computer store or individual for assistance.
Why update your browser?
Maintaining an up-to-date browser is essential to ensuring online security and for supporting current websites. Older versions are not as stable and are more vulnerable to security threats.
Browser maintenance benefits:
- Security — Recent versions have developed strong security measures.
- Appearance — Ensures that you are receiving the optimal experience.
- Speed — Improves page and data loading with each browser update.